The Directors fully support this objective and propose:
- To provide healthy and safe working conditions for all Company staff and for the safety of visitors, other workers or members of the public who may come into contact with the company’s work.
- To empower senior consultants, who will encourage other company members to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their work, and to co-operate with the company in meeting its statutory duties.
- To give adequate information, instructions, training and supervision to staff.
- To report and record all accidents and injuries.
- To integrate health and safety objectives into the design process of projects undertaken by the Company.
- To require Contractors or Clients to discharge in full their responsibilities to our staff visiting their properties or construction sites.
- To issue this Safety Policy together with current safety codes or practice notes to all staff and to issue further or revised guidance from time to time.
- To receive proposals from employees of the Company, jointly or individually, for improving the effectiveness of these procedures and policies.
- To require employees of the company to comply with this policy and any relevant guidance issued by the Company.
- To monitor and revise this policy regularly in respect of the Company’s functions and it’s working conditions at all locations.
In implementing the policy, we will;
- Ensure compliance, as a minimum standard, with all relevant environmental legislation;
- Wherever practical, comply with codes of practice and other requirements, for example as specified by our customers;
- Take environmental impact into account in the planning, design and implementation of our projects and contracts to help prevent pollution;
- Incorporate environmental and sustainability considerations into our design standards and practices with regard to the use of materials, energy consumption, waste disposal and recycling;
- Provide appropriate environmental training for our own staff, and promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners.
We do not tolerate any form of harassment, bullying or intimidation and we ensure complaints are dealt with promptly, effectively and fairly.
The company’s equal opportunity policy is intended to eliminate discrimination and reflect a zero tolerance to harassment and bullying. Any breach of policy will be considered a disciplinary offense and subject to our normal disciplinary procedures.